Leadership Bridge starts with the 6-day Leadership Academy Institute and continues throughout the 2023-24 school year.
Thursday, Sept 21
Friday, Sept 22
Thursday, Sept 28
Thursday, Oct 5
Thursday, Oct 12
Thursday, October 19
Each Institute day includes 6 hours of synchronous time. Participants get the most out of this program if given off-campus time for this work, so please connect with your manager and/or team to ensure there is a plan for you to participate fully on the above dates.
- All costs for the Leadership Bridge program are generously funded by The Chicago Public Education Fund
- Interested Assistant Principal and Principal pairs should apply via the CPS Common App.
- Applications are due March 27, 2023.
- Please contact Erin Brooks at firstname.lastname@example.org to let her know once you have applied.
Leadership Bridge is a unique partnership with Chicago Public Schools and The Chicago Public Education Fund that works to support strong succession plans for Chicago Public Schools (district and charter) by preparing current assistant principals to move into principal positions in Chicago.
The Fund’s Leadership Bridge program is designed for assistant principal and principal pairs. Through coaching, leaders are empowered to strengthen systems in the building and develop succession planning resources. In addition, there will be joint community of practice sessions for all participants around core principal fundamentals (e.g. instructional leadership, data analysis, and building high-performing teams). To gain a better understanding of their own leadership, assistant principals will take the Vanderbilt Assessment of Leadership in Education (VAL-ED) and use their results to inform the creation and implementation of a personal leadership development action plan in conjunction with their coach to support them in achieving their goals for the school year.
This program is in partnership with the Department of Principal Quality (DPQ) and includes individualized leadership coaching for assistant principals from our coaching partners, Accelerate Institute, New Leaders, and the University of Illinois-Chicago, in collaboration with their principals.
- Current district or charter assistant principal who is interested in becoming a principal and has been identified as a potential internal successor in their building.
- Member of the CPS Principal Candidate Pool (“Eligible”) or plans to go through the process in 2023-24.
Please contact Erin Brooks at email@example.com with any questions.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Current Chicago Assistant Principal and Principal pairs (traditional district or charter).
This program is designed for current assistant principals who are interested in becoming principals; priority is given to APs considered to be internal successors in their buildings. Traditional district APs should have earned CPS principal eligibility or plan to go through the process in 2023-24.
Apply for the CPS Common App.
Leadership Academy Bridge