Senior Director of Curriculum and Assessment
Accelerate Institute is seeking a talented Senior Director of Curriculum and Assessment. Under the guidance and management of the Chief Academic Officer, the Senior Director of Curriculum and Assessment’s primary role is to support the implementation of the core components of The Accelerator program. This individual will be responsible for the design and delivery of high-quality curriculum, providing individualized advisory, and supporting Accelerator Schools for three years. This is a wonderful opportunity for an experienced principal/principal supervisor who is looking to expand their impact on students by significantly contributing to the development of a cohort of Chicago principals.
The Senior Director will serve as an academic resource for the program and be involved with all aspects of the program including: selection, curriculum design and delivery, advisory and leadership development, and program evaluation. The Senior Director will also work directly with Accelerator Principals and principal managers to ensure all Accelerator Principals meet set performance standards. The Senior Director will work with Accelerator Principals to assess progress toward goals and support strategic planning to reach school goals.
Accelerate Institute offers a hands-on, fast-paced work environment and potential for growth. This position provides the opportunity to join a team playing a leading role in developing school leaders across the country working to close the achievement gap.
About Accelerate Institute
Accelerate Institute’s mission is to close the achievement gap by creating high-impact school leaders who accelerate student achievement. Grounded in the belief that demographics are not destiny and that all children can achieve at high levels given equal access to quality education, Accelerate Institute identifies and develops school leaders who unleash the potential of urban schools. Accelerate Institute develops this talent by drawing on the leadership model used to achieve success at our nationally-recognized charter school, Alain Locke Charter School.
Accelerate Institute is located in Chicago, Illinois.
Curriculum Design and Delivery
- Facilitate and lead all Accelerator programming, including Accelerate Summer Institute, Principal Forums, Advisory calls, school visits, and other learning experiences as needed
- Collaborate with the Curriculum and Assessment team to adapt curriculum to meet the needs of the various regions served by Accelerate Institute and to support content delivery and professional development
- Ensure 80/20 School Strategic Plans are designed to maximize opportunities to apply and practice the Accelerate Framework
- Familiarize self with research-based curriculum and the strengths and needs of each Accelerator Principal
- Manage self, program, and Accelerator Principals at an extremely high level in all situations
Advisory and Leadership Development
- Collaboratively set performance goals with Accelerator Principals to provide methods by which to monitor progress
- Conduct observation/feedback and planning loop to support progress to performance goals
- Conduct school site visits to observe and coach the skills and capabilities aligned to the Accelerate Framework
- Negotiate and communicate with principal managers to support leadership experiences for Accelerator Principals
- Lead the implementation of School Assessments three times per year
Required Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate is:
- Strategic and results-oriented, excels at critical thinking and problem solving;
- A self-starter who is able to address problems creatively;
- Effective as an individual contributor and as a collaborative team player;
- Committed to lifelong learning and has a strong desire to seek professional development opportunities for growth;
- Able to model effective school leadership, teaching, and professional development;
- Able to consistently promote inquiry and reflection;
- Adept at developing and maintaining strong internal and external relationships at all levels;
- Extremely detail-oriented, organized, and able to execute processes to support principal development;
- A highly motivated professional who thrives in a metrics-driven, fast-paced, and ever-developing environment, has vast experience teaching and leading in public schools, is committed to ensuring high academic achievement for all children, and wants to positively impact the lives of children by improving K-12 public education
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Advanced education degree
- Three or more years of experience leading professional development in an adult leadership setting
- Three or more years of experience as a principal, head of school, or district administrator in an urban school/district with gap-closing results; strong preference for individuals with experience supervising/training school principals
- Significant teaching experience with gap-closing results
- Ability to design and present professional development that is “sticky”
- Strong ability to multi-task and work under high pressure and deadlines
- Exceptional communication and writing skills; strong oral communication skills
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
Accelerate Institute offers a competitive salary and full benefits package.
Qualified candidates can apply via email only to Erin Brooks, email@example.com. Please include “Senior Director of Curriculum and Assessment Search” as the subject of your email. Please submit all of and only the following:
- Cover letter describing your interest and passion in creating equal access to education for all children
- Resume that clearly articulates your qualifications to the required skill sets defined above
Our Commitment to Diversity
Accelerate Institute embraces diversity. It is something we have believed in and supported from day one. Having a diverse organization aligns with our commitment to an equal opportunity workplace. We celebrate equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or other legally protected status. We are also ready to accommodate physically challenged or special needs individuals who require any special assistance. Accelerate Institute is proud of our history of diversity and is a strong supporter of the community.